Monday, January 2, 2012

First Day of Lessons 2012

Link
Welcome 2012!! Looking forward to some great things to come from this year. Although Day 1 did not really go they way I had planned...but it's only going to get better from here, right?

Today, to help work on getting our family clutter free & more organized I set up a donation station. It's nothing too fancy at all...two simple cardboard boxes...one for Goodwill, and one for Wrapping Clermont Together.

Day one done on the MySimplerLife calendar . That was EASY!!





Started using our new schedule today. So far so good. Arlee did her own schedule, fitting what she needs to do around all the boys. Below is Frosty's...which, Zach's is very similar to his.

9am....Everyone up/dressed/chores
10am...Read to Self
10:15...Math Drills
10:20...Khan Academy/Worksheets
10:50...Break
11am...Mango Languages OR Typing {we alternate days}
11:20...Spelling City OR Composition {we alternate days}
11:50...FREE TIME
12pm...Start Lunch...Frosty reads out loud to me
12:30...Eat lunch
1pm...History OR Science
2pm...Creative Writing {only 4 days each week}

After they finish with their writing...they have free time until 5:15pm when we would have our Quick Clean Up. At 6pm I will start dinner, while Zach reads outloud to me. I'm shooting to have dinner around 7pm. Family story time by 8:45pm. And the younger two boys in bed by 9pm, and 10pm for the two older kids.

Here are Frosty and Zach working on their Math worksheets this morning...





Liam's schedule looks like this...

10am...Word study with Mom
10:15...Table Time...this is where I put different activities around the table for Liam to work on on his own. Some he will do, and leave for me to check them...if they are correct, he will get 1 M&M for it. He LOVES this! :) Can't blame him...I would too!
11am...Workbook work with Mom
11:20...Hand writing
11:30...Educational video

The rest is the same as everyone else's.

Here is a pic of Liam's "Table Time"...which worked out pretty well. It took too long though, so maybe next time LESS on the amount of activities for him to do. BUT, it did keep him busy so that I could go back and forth between Zach and Frost.





Here is Liam's "robot" he made with his shapes...





Working on handwriting...




Overall...I think it's been a really good first day of lessons in this new year. I'm sure I'll be doing quite a bit of tweaking over this upcoming week...adding some of the other things I'd like to have in there, but didn't want to overdo it our first week back...before I print out next week's schedule to post...but it's a good base to start from.

Arlee is working on a picture that she will be mailing to a friend...Frosty is outdoors shooting his crossbow with a friend...Zach just finished up his hour of playing Xbox...Liam is playing on the DS...and I'm working here on my blog, about ready to go work on some laundry! Only about 1/2 an hour until we do our Quick Clean Up before starting dinner and getting ready for Danny to arrive home...can't wait!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment