Friday, January 27, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal ~ 1/27


In my life this week...been feeling much better than I did last week! Still having some bad headaches though...not sure why or where these are coming from, but I really wish they would just go away!

In our homeschool this week...found out that our local libraries paid for a subscription to Universal Class. They offer online classes. They are not credited, but still...I'm hoping this is going to be a great resource for us! Arlee has picked out the 5 classes she wants to do: Algebra 101, Drawing, Adobe, Writing Improvement, and Haunted Places. Each class has an instructor that you can communicate with via email...you are given assignments and exams, and are graded! Best of all?? It's all FREE because of our local library!!

I found a great book at the library to use for "creative writing"! Arlee already got started...and I'm also hoping to do it with the boys as well! I will write more about this in a future blog post!

We started working with Zachary learning his multiplication...."officially". We've answered his questions when he would ask..."What is 3 x 1?"...and go on to explain to him anything times 1 is itself. And some other multiplying rules. But this week, the two of us got down on the floor and I showed him what multiplying LOOKS like! :) He is so smart...and picked up on it SOOOOO quick!!

Places we're going and people we're seeing...We very much stayed in our bubble this past week! Last Saturday was icy out...Arlee was suppose to go to a Girl Scout outing; bowling...but it got postponed. Boy Scouts Monday night for Frosty...they had a Webelo come in to visit. They made small sewing kits together. Zach had piano lessons on Wednesday. He did wonderful...as usual! :) Thursday Arlee had Writing Club at the library. She LOVES this!

My favorite thing this week was...Since I didn't get to post last week, I'm going to say my favorite thing was going out with friends last Friday night! Jason is my friend from high school...and thanks to facebook we have reconnected. We went out to celebrate his birthday with is girlfriend, Katrina, and some of their friends. We had a lot of fun...and was very happy to have been able to be there to watch Jason propose to Katrina!! :)

Danny brought home some farm eggs this week from one of his customers!! He says they don't live far from us, and they said they would LOVE for us to
bring the kids out to see all the animals! I think this would be WONDERFUL! I'm hoping that we can take them up on their offer. Loved how excited the kids got to see not only white and brown eggs...but also green eggs! :)

Questions/thoughts I have... Saving money has been a HUGE thing on my mind lately. How to try and cut down on our already tight budget?? Always trying to be on the look out of how we can save a few more pennies.

I'm grateful for... for my amazing son Zach! And for all of his "special'ness" that he brings to our life! Most days are "typical"...we almost feel like we live a "normal" life...and then Zach reminds us of how life is like with a special needs child! It is VERY hard! Found myself hiding in my room one afternoon this week...and crying on the phone to my Husband. This boy has shown my that I can be more patient than I ever thought possible...and exactly what "unconditional love" really means. I'm so very grateful to be Zachary's mother! :)

A picture to share... Here is Zachary learning his multiplication. I have him all the GREEN triangles...because green is his FAVORITE color. I gave him the dice, and he had to roll them. Whatever numbers came up...he had to SHOW me the problem. He did SUCH an AMAZING job! I'm so very proud of him!!


4 comments:

  1. I love the sound of the haunted places class. I bet that is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so!! I liked that she picked that one too...of course, it is right up her ally! Quite a unique "elective"!!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How awesome that your library has a subscription to the classes! I need to look into that myself. :-) Way to go on Zach and his multiplication!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments!
    Many blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so excited when I found out about the classes!! Thought it was WONDERFUL! With having a High Schooler...I've really been feeling she may not be really getting what she needs...so this came about at just the right time!!

    Thanks for dropping in here as well! :)

    ReplyDelete