Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Our First Tuesday of 2012...



Slow starting this morning. When the alarm went off at 8:30am...I *REALLY* didn't want to get up. It was pretty chilly, but knew I had to get our heater started or none of the kids would get out of bed either at 9am! I finally drug myself out from under my warm covers...but didn't stay away long! After getting the fire going in the kerosene heater, I headed back to my warm spot in the bed! Read today's entry in the Simple Abundance book. Then snuggled back down until 9am.

I've been having a hard time sleeping at night lately. Like last night. I was tired, but not sleepy...if that makes any sense at all. I knew I needed to go to bed, I knew I wanted to get some sleep...but I sat in the living room and knitted until early in the morning hours. I did finish 1 of the new set of fingerless gloves I'm making...so I was happy about that. I'm really hoping for a good night's sleep tonight.

At 9am, I woke up Arlee...then Frosty. Zach woke on his own. I started heating up the chocolate chip pancakes I had made on Sunday. Then woke Liam up by telling him I was going to eat his if he didn't hurry to the table! :)

It was a nice...pretty quick breakfast! I'm very glad that Arlee and I made some goodies ahead of time...what a HUGE help for our breakfast time meal! I also got a bunch of ideas from friends on facebook that I'm looking forward to trying out! Who knows...once we master the make ahead breakfasts...maybe we'll move on to lunches...and even dinners!!

After finishing eating, kids doing their chores, and me setting up for school to start...we jumped right into what we needed to do. Following our new schedule. We've found a couple little things that need to be tweaked, but nothing too major though. Maybe a little more time for Math...Frosty does pretty well getting thru what he needs to do, but Zach needs much more time for his lessons...and I think Arlee should add a little more to her time as well. Plus, I had all the way thru until bedtime scheduled...not a whole lot scheduled, just certain things...but I think I like it more where it is TOTALLY flexible...not on the schedule at all.

I was just so tired today...while I was trying to help Zach with his Math lessons...all I could think about was a nap!! My eyes were so heavy, and I could barely concentrate. So once all the major lessons were done...I asked Arlee if she could make lunch for everyone, and I went and laid down. Just could not take it any longer.

After my nap, the kids and I watched "Conquest of America"...it's our History Lesson. So far this week we've learned about how the Spanish conquered the Southwest & Southeast America. It's from The History Channel...and pretty interesting. Much better than reading this all out of a book for sure!! When we were done watching it...lessons were DONE for the day...well...officially.

I worked with Arlee for a bit to reteach her how to knit. She's making a purple scarf for herself as her first project. My hope is that she will be able to help me over the year with making scarves and fingerless gloves to donate. The deal was that if she learns how to knit, I have to learn how to crochet. I think it will be fun to learn along with Arlee.

While we were knitting we watched "Pearl Harbor"...the movie with Ben Affleck. I love that movie...always brings me to tears though...a few times during the movie. I wanted her to watch it. She will be submitting a writing project to the Air Force Museum, I believe it was, about the Doolittle Raid. So I thought this movie might be a good starting point. I also have another dvd about Pearl Harbor, and the Doolittle Raid...plus books for her to get info from for her paper.


It's Taco Night tonight...and I'm pretty excited! LOVE tacos at home! They are SOOO much better than what you get out somewhere! At least I think so!

Do you prefer hard taco shells or soft taco shells??

What are YOUR favorite toppings on a taco??

Mine are...Soft taco shells with taco seasoned meat, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos, salsa, and sour cream.

We all get REALLY excited about Taco Tuesdays!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment