Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday Treats ~ Peanut Butter Pie


Best Peanut Butter Pie I've found...so far! Danny LOVES this stuff...well, we ALL do! It's SUPER easy to make...with sinfully delicious results!

Peanut Butter Pie

8 oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 to cup peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup confectioners sugar
8oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
prepared graham cracker pie crust
1/4 cup chopped peanuts {optional}

1. Combine cream cheese, peanut butter, and milk.

2. Add confectioners sugar and mix well. Fold in 3/4 of the whipped topping {reserve the rest}.

3. Pour into graham cracker crust and freeze until firm.

4. Just before serving, edge the top of the pie with the remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle the peanuts in the center of pie.

Variation:

1. Instead of mild, use 12 oz jar marshmallow cream.

2. Instead of a graham cracker pie crust, use a chocolate graham cracker crust.

3. Spread 1/4 cup hot fudge sundae topping over the bottom of the pie crust before adding the rest of the pie filling.

****************************

My added notes:

Usually this makes more than what can fit into the prepared pie crusts that I buy...no biggie though, leaves plenty for the kids to share out of the bowl! :)

I just slather the Cool Whip all over the top...and I don't use the nuts because Frosty doesn't like nuts. I have taken chocolate syrup and drizzled across the top, and I've add chocolate chips to kinda dress up the top before.

YOU MUST KEEP THIS PIE CHILLED!! Once it starts heating up, it starts sorta getting a little too soft! I keep mine in the freezer until I start making dinner, then move it to the fridge.

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment