Friday, January 13, 2012

The Homeschool Mother’s Journal ~ 1/14

Link

In my life this week...has been really nice I must say! I know you all know that I'm trying my best to simplify in my life. Which also includes clearing a lot of our calendar! So far, this past week, I've been home with my family more than we've been out running! And it has been a wonderful change!

In our homeschool this week...we didn't do too much. We did Math drills and Math lessons. We read some. We watched a few DVD's..."Conquest", one about Pearl Harbor, the Pearl Harbor movie's bonus material about unsung heroes, and "A Nightmare at Jamestown". I think that was about it.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...Arlee to spend the night at a friend's house {who happened to also have ANOTHER friend there...bonus!} , Manga Library Program, Boy Scouts, Piano, Anime Club, Writing Club, Self Defense Program with Homeschool Girl Scouts, to InLaws for game night...and that was it!! When I write it out...it looks like a lot, but for our family...this was a VERY light week!!

My favorite thing this week was...finding out that my Husband was taking Thursday off work...which puts him here 3 days this weekend! Unfortunately, he chose to do this because he is not feeling well, and has lost his voice.

What's working/not working for us...Last week we did so well with our schedule...we fell off of it this week. But I *KNOW* it was because I wasn't able to take the time over the weekend to really prepare for the week ahead.

Things I'm working on...finishing up a scarf to donate...then I will begin working on some fingerless gloves that I will be selling! :)

Questions/thoughts I have...trying out doing all my planning on Thursdays for the next week. Planning to do it over the weekend, like on Saturday is just NOT working! It does NOT get done. Then I'm left with NO plan for the following week...and that right there spells out disaster for attempting to get to lessons.

Usually, Danny works on Thursdays...some Thursdays we have Scouts, or Writing Club, so we are in and out, and it makes it hard for a real productive day anyway with lessons. So I'm thinking that the kids can just have a "fun" day...educational videos, play doh, Legos, games, etc. All while I'm working on lessons for the next week. Getting our schedule together, papers printed out, websites together, etc.

I'm reading...no new books at the moment. Haven't had a chance really to read this week.

I'm grateful for...this unusual warm weather! Haven't had to use our heaters as much as we have at this point in winter before! But that all changed this week, too! It was SOOO cold in the last part of the week! Dropped from 50's to TEENS!! In a matter of 1 day!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

A quote to share..."Where you end up isn't the most important thing. It's the road you take to get there. The road you take is what you'll look back on and call your life." Tim Wiley



2 comments:

  1. Stoping by from HMJ link up. I have also found joy in simplifying our schedule and allowing more time to be home. Thankfully we had an extra long break from many of our activities and some still have not started back up yet! Enjoy this time with your children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jessica for dropping by! And THANK YOU for leaving a comment as well! It makes a HUGE difference clearing some space on the calendar!! :) Now to just figure out how to KEEP it clear! ;)

    ReplyDelete