Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sticky Buns



These Sticky Buns are mouth watering!! They are soooooo yummy...especially right out of the oven!

When I make mine...I make my dough in my bread maker...the same recipe I use when I make my pizza dough and hamburger bun dough. Guess that would make it my all purpose dough! I will have to post that one at another time...so for now, I will post the recipe right out of my cook book...

Sticky Buns

1/2 cup butter, divided
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed

1. Melt 1/4 cup of butter on stovetop or in microwave. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup until well blended. Pour into a 9 x13 baking pan.

2. Melt remaining half stick {1/4 cup} butter in microwave or on stovetop. Set aside.

3. In a small mixing bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.

4. Break off golf-ball-sized pieces of bread dough, 12 per loaf. Dip each in melted butter and then roll in sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place coated balls in baking pan.

5. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.

6. Remove from refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes before baking.

7. Bake uncovered at 325 for 35 minutes. Turn out of pan immediately onto serving platter.

{Variation: Add 1/2 - 3/4 cup chopped pecans to mixture in pan (step 1) }

ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment