Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday Musings...




Outside my window...  well, out my back door actually.  About 36 degrees outside this rainy January morning...with some beautiful fog mixing with our big trees.  It was quite beautiful...and peaceful.








I am thinking...  about the cleaning/organizing/putting away that has to be done today.  Found out yesterday that our windows out in our mudroom {which has NO heat}froze when the temps were low...and with the warmer weather that came in, thawed out...so now we have puddles where our stuff was being stored.  {It's ALWAYS something, right!?!} Danny has declared that emptying our mudroom is TOP PRIORITY this week.

From the learning rooms... I am so proud of us!!  Last week was our 1st week doing our new "normal".  We are trying to create a new "groove" to go with our new house.  We were able to do Math most days last week...I think we only missed like 1 day!!  To me...for us...that is AWESOME!!  We also did a little reading, picked up some educational videos from the library, Frost went to work {total learning experience in and of itself!}, Arlee did her creative writing club & volunteering at the library.  I've put a TON of books away in our "library"...and picked up a bunch "new to us" books from a fellow homeschooling family who will be moving soon! 

We've been using a site called Xtra Math...EVERYONE starts off at the same point...it's for learning THE BASICS more quickly...fluently.  Here is the link if anyone else would like to check it out.   Best part??  It is FREE!!  :) 

www.xtramath.org/



I am thankful for... Hands down...for our new home!!  :)  Here is a pic that I took back in the fall when we were here for our Home Inspection.  It's kinda funny...our house is sorta like the TARDIS...it looks small when you are looking at it from the road...but it's definitely BIGGER ON THE INSIDE!!  :) 

We gained about 700 square feet moving here...the lay out is so much better!!  It has been GREAT!!  We are LOVING it!!  So excited...so blessed....so THANKFUL to my Hubby for such a beautiful home for our family!!








From the kitchen... Tonight is going to be some Sloppy Joe's....from a can...which probably won't be as good as the homemade Sloppy Joe recipe that Frost made last week!!  OoooOooooOoooH...those were YUMMY!!  Will definitely have to have him make THOSE again!!

Quote for the week....







I am reading... A book that was recommended by a friend of mine...which I am really enjoying!!  Dark Witch by Nora Roberts.







I am hoping...  to get our new couch this coming weekend!!!  FINGERS CROSSED!!!

I am creating...  Ummmmmmm....well.....let's see....nothing really.  :/   I need to change that!!  Need to get back to my knitting!!

I am hearing... Liam watching Kratt Brothers dvd he picked up at the library this week!  :)


A few plans for the rest of the week...  Our usual...CoOp on Tuesday...Frost has a dr's appt, Theater Club, and Movie Club at the library on Wednesday...Frost has work, Arlee has Creative Writing Group & Volunteer, another Movie Club at a different Library, and Liam is visiting a friend on Thursday...and a Tween/Teen Lunch get together on Friday!!

Here is a picture I wanted to share with you.. Actually, a few of them!  To show what happens when you are trying to feed your lizard...





















No comments:

Post a Comment