Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Oh How Time Flies...

I'm starting this post out with a deep sigh.  One of the ones you do when you take that time to really really look at your kids as they are getting older.  You know how you kinda get caught up in your every day regular life stuff...then out of the blue, you look at your child, and it's almost like seeing a whole new person.  It's still them, obviously, but just a little more grown up, a little more mature, a little more of a lot of things...and it really hits you, all at once, in that moment...time is really speeding by.

This evening, we all went to Arlee's Girl Scout Bridging Ceremony.  She crossed over the bridge to become an Ambassador Girl Scout.  We're working toward getting her ready to start working on her Gold Award within the next couple months...and then she will begin working on putting her ideas into motion, and finally making it happen.  This next year will be Arlee's last year in Girl Scouts.  This chapter of her life is coming to a close.  The next time that she will be involved in Girl Scouts will be IF she has a daughter of her own...and I do hope she signs her up!  I know Arlee has really enjoyed her time in Scouts...since 2nd grade. 

Tonight Arlee sang during the ceremony "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield.  If you haven't listened to it before, I suggest you do!  A very inspirational song...and I think it was a wonderful choice for Arlee to sing tonight as her, along with the other Girls, begin a brand new year together.


With Arlee getting ready to turn 17 here in just a couple months...it is REALLY weighing heavy on me.  My little girl is just not so little...hasn't been for some time.  She only has 1 more year of being "officially" a child.  It won't be long before she is ready to move out and start her own life on her own...and she won't be just "down the hall" in her room drawing, listening to music, or watch her tv anymore.  I will have to call her, fb her, or email her when I want to share something with her.   I will have to "schedule" time with her when I want to see her.  What am I going to do when I no longer get to see her every day??  Oh geez.  this is going to be REALLY hard on me.

I had tears in my eyes tonight watching her up there singing her song in front of her friends and their parents.  There she was...my beautiful daughter...all grown up.  And here I sit as I write...with tears welling up again. 


1 comment: