Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Flexibility....that is the Key

Last night...while I recounted our day thru my blog...I thought about what I would like to do with the kids the next day.  I was really looking forward to it...and was hoping the kids would enjoy it, too.

9:30am...the phone rings...it's Danny..."I'm at Urgent Care."   Definitely NOT something you want to hear your Husband tell you.  Told me his side and back pain were MUCH worse than last night...that he couldn't take it any longer...and that he's just waiting to be seen by the dr.   "Do you want me to come and be there with you?" I asked him.  "No, it's fine", was his response.   We talked a bit more...then he got REALLY nauseous.  "I'm on my way."  Said our "love you's" and we hung up.

I got dressed as quickly as I could...drove to Urgent Care...he was already in the back, so I told the receptionist that I was there to see my Husband...she said they were in talking with him...so I stood there.  Just a couple minutes later, I really think after she noticed I was NOT going to be sitting down to wait...she had one of the nurses take me back...I was thru the door she opened before she even finished saying my Danny's name.

We waited for what seemed like forever for the dr.  It was horrible because Danny was in so much pain...and I couldn't really do anything for him.  FINALLY the dr came in...he was suspecting a kidney stone, but said that we needed to go to the ER so they could do a CT scan.  They did, however, give Danny a shot of pain meds to help...and it did...thankfully.

Got to the ER, and I'm sure you know how that goes...you wait, and wait, and WAIT.  They took some blood, asked questions, finally got the CT scan done, looked over everything, then the dr came in to talk with us.  He verified that Danny did have a kidney stone that was "stuck"...and that his kidney has more it's holding.  :/  Gave us some 'scripts, directions on what to do next, said that Danny could pass it anywhere from a couple hours to a few days.

We had left Danny's work van at the Urgent Care...so we had to go pick it up before heading to Kroger to drop off his 'scripts.  Ran over to Little Caesar's to pick up one of their $5 pizzas {well...$5.50 pizzas since we were at the one in Amelia}...we were STARVED by this point!!  By the time we were picking up his meds, Danny's pain started to come back.  We needed to get him home QUICK!

Once at home...he took his pain meds, and laid down.  I've been keeping water near him since we got home around 5:30pm...urging him to drink as much as he possibly can.  He's been taking it easy all evening.

Did still get to run up to the library before they closed!  That was one of the things I was wanting to do with the kids today.  Picked up a TON of books...about 5 movies for us all to watch.  We watched "Battleship" tonight...ooooooooh....THAT is a good movie!!  VERY highly recommended by the Conn Family!!

Liam had brought along his money...and decided that he wanted a donut from Speedway.  So we stopped in so he could get his donut.  Frost went in with me...with money Arlee had also giving him for a donut of her own.  Frost got himself a Freeze & me a small cappuccino {I love my boy}.  So I scrounged around in my purse to find a $1 so Zach could get something, too.  Ended up...since Frost went first buying Arlee's donut...we were able to get Zach's for free!  YAY!  I got to keep my $1!!! 

Kids are all in bed...which is where I'm about ready to be heading...have to get up early to take Frost & Arlee to work in the morning...they are both going to be tired after staying up late to watch the movie!

I do have this amazing daughter...who I called when we were sitting at the ER...just to update her on how things were going...and she asked me if there was anything I needed her to make sure the boys did today.  So I rattled off a few schooly things the boys could do...and she did the best she could to get the boys to do them.  Liam was being pretty moody today...no big surprise...but I am so thankful that she was so willing to step up and help out where she could since I was unable to be at home today.

When you choose the life of a homeschooling family...you must totally embrace FLEXIBILITY.

No comments:

Post a Comment