Friday, September 13, 2013

Getting Caught Up

I know exactly why it's so hard for me to keep up with my blog...it's because we are just so darn busy!  And we've even been knocking some things off the calendar to help save a little in our gas budget!  Whew!  Some days...just looking at our calendar can make my head swim.

Sept 4th...Went over to my IL's so Sue could help Arlee make a cape for her costume she made to wear to the Cincy Comic Con that upcoming weekend.  We hung out and chit chatted.  A very nice visit!  And Arlee left with an amazing cape to complete her costume!









She did a great job making her vision of her costume come to life!  See how there is the green sleeves on the red shirt??  She cut those off another shirt, and replaced the red sleeves on that shirt!!  Like her glove??  Those were from that other green shirt, too!  She is just so darn creative!

She even had people stopping HER to get HER picture!  What an awesome compliment for all the hard work she put into this costume!  :)

Sept 5th...This night was our first Girl Scout & Cub Scout meetings for the 2013-14 year!  Whew!  There are SO MANY great families that we get the honor of seeing at these meetings!  I wish I had time to get to catch up with each one...but I sadly don't.  Last year I was a Co-Leader for the "older" Girl Troop...this year, I'm concentrating more on our Cub Scout Pack!  Oh goodness was those boys wired that night!!  They were so excited to be having their meeting...oh my!  They were wild!  None of them were "bad"...just excited and it definitely showed!  I hope they had a good time...and I look forward to a great year of learning together with them!

Sept 6th...Had to get up EARLY this morning so Frost & I could meet up with some other Committee Members from his Boy Scout Troop to complete his & another Scout's Board of Review!  I sat in on the other Scout's one, and Frost had to go in and do his by just talking about the Troop, and what he's done to get to where he is now.  From what I heard, he did a great job...parents are not allowed to sit in, unfortunately...this is why I think they should definitely video them!  Just sayin'!!  So very proud of my boy who is now a Second Class Scout!

In the evening, we got to go hang out with some really good, long time friends of ours!  It was just me the the kiddos...Danny was at his Magic Tourney right up the street.  We had some good food, and great company!  I've missed my friend so much!  We used to spend so much more time together...I always enjoyed my time with her...and I miss it a lot.  I got to shoot some pool with her...lots of fun!  Danny did get to swing by after his tournament...so that was really great!

Sept 7th...Cincy ComicCon!!  Danny, Arlee, & Frost went.  We really didn't have the money for this outing...but there was NO way we could break Arlee's heart like that!  She's been looking forward to it for WEEKS!!  Shoot...maybe MONTHS!?!  They had a good time!  Here are some pics from their day there:







Sept 9th...Boy Scout Night!!  Well...it turned out to just be Frost & one other Scout!  :)   It was totally fine though!  Frost and him did some planning for the upcoming year...and Frost helped him to get a requirement signed off by Danny!  I got to talk with his mom.  So I'm calling it a successful night!  :)

Sept 11th...FIRST DAY OF Co-Op!!!!  It was SO nerve wracking BEFORE class!  I was just too nervous AND excited!!  I couldn't get the internet to work with Arlee's lap top, so I wasn't going to be able to show my video.  :/   And then...I had to fill the time TALKING...and time was moving SO SLOW!  LOL!  But...we managed to get thru it!  I hope the kids had a bit of fun at least...I hope they like the book, and I'm looking forward to some great projects that they get inspired to create and bring in next month!

I also gave them a photo & caption from the book, "The Chronicles of Harris Burdick"...this is a great book to inspire a little creative writing!  You show the photo & caption...and the kids are suppose to come up with a story they make up.  There are stories in the book, made up from famous authors.  I also gave them some prompts in case they'd rather use those instead to come up with stories.

My friend Katrina did the AMAZING photography class...that the boys REALLY enjoyed!!   Liam really liked the Science & Art classes that he did as well!  There is a new 4H group forming from our CoOp families...so we are looking into all we can do with that.  We are TOTALLY brand new to 4H...so we are on information overload right now...but it really looks like a great way for the kids to learn lots of new things!  I can't wait until next month when we get to do it again!  There were so many great families who jumped in and made this happen!  A huge THANK YOU to all of them!  I got to catch up with some friends I haven't seen in awhile...and got to meet some families I hadn't met before...which is ALWAYS exciting!!

Sept 12th...Shooting Sports!!  Arlee & Frost have been waiting for this to start back!  The did Archery tonight...and I think did pretty good for not shooting all summer long!  Then there was a meeting afterward.

So, I guess that pretty much catches us up to the NOW.  I really do need to be heading to bed...I need to get up early to drop Frost off with his girlfriend and her family for an outing they are all going on together.

Thanks for dropping in!  :)  Hope to see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment