Saturday, March 10, 2012

Under $100 Food Grocery Trip

So after being inspired by The Peaceful Mom's blog with her $100 weekly menus...

http://thepeacefulmom.com/category/menus/

...thought I would give it a whirl myself for my family! :)

I will set it up like she did hers....Breakfasts, lunches, and dinners grouped together...and " * " means we already had ingredients on hand at home.

Breakfasts...

yogurt*, bananas, scrambled eggs*
French Toast* w/homemade maple flavored syrup*, add strawberries
Pancakes w/homemade maple flavored syrup, add bananas {x2 mornings}
Cheese toast, orange slices*
McMom Sandwiches*

Lunches...

Homemade pizza*, whole corn*, grapes
Mac-n-cheese, plums
PB & J sandwiches, apple slices
Tuna Sandwiches, plums.
Lunch meat sandwiches, peaches
Apple Sandwiches, cucumber slices* w/ ranch dressing*

Dinners...

BLT Sandwiches*, pasta*, coleslaw, cantalope
Meatloaf, green beans*, mashed potatoes, baked apples
Beans & Cornbread
Tacos {only needed to get 3lbs meat}
BBQ Crock-pot Chicken, corn on cob, cole slaw
Pizza Pasta {already has pasta, sauce, cheese}, green beans, strawberries

****

We spent $17 a Meijer on some fruit. Oh, and we splurged a little and got Arlee some Girl Scout Cookie Lip Balm...I think that was included in the price. :)

$54 at Aldi's. We were in there, and out of there in right at 10 mins...yep, Danny was timing me!! We got JUST what I had on my list...no more! :)

$21.91 at WalMart on food products....I think you could tell that we were getting pretty hungry by the time we got here!! I got some Atkin's bars, low carb ice cream bars, Danny picked up some Ben & Jerry's for himself, and some Choco Tacos for the kids! :)

Comes to a total of.... almost $93 for the week. :) {this is JUST for food}





Link

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! You go girl. May have to give this a try. I may have to up our price to $150/week but we would still be cutting WAY back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome - I would love to feed my family for only $100/week, you've inspired me to check out the other blog.

    ReplyDelete