Sunday, March 4, 2012

Our Sunday...

We slept in pretty late today. While about 1/2 the kids were still sleeping, I got started on making some homemade syrups...a maple flavored one, and strawberry. Zach doesn't like the strawberry syrup, so I have to make the maple flavored one for him. We also had some from scratch chocolate chip pancakes! OOOOh, it was YUMMY! Not exactly what I should have been eating...not since I'm trying to win the Biggest Loser Competition!! BUT...wow...I just could not resist!!

Speaking of the Biggest Loser Competition...I've lost about 10 lbs since starting. I know I could have done better, but I got sick there for a week, and now just can't seem to keep motivated. This week...will definitely do better this week. {I think I've told myself that every week so far!}

By the time we were able to get started on school lessons today, we didn't have much time to get a lot in. Didn't get to Liam at all today.

Arlee finished up the Doolittle Raid, and I will post that as soon as I can get it to look right on my blog here. She did a really good job with it, I think. And I can't wait to share it! We popped some popcorn, and settled down to watched "The Devil's Arithmetic" today to launch her into her next report...the Holocaust.

After our movie, I did some work on our poor living room. It was still piled with things from our attic. This whole "cleaning out the attic" idea has really turned into quite the job! I'm trying so hard to keep my eye on the prize though...how nice it will feel once it's all done! :)


***
Lessons for today...

Arlee...

Foreign Language ~ Japanese, exam

History ~ Completed "Doolittle Raid" report. Watched "The Devil's Arithmetic"

Frost...


Math ~ 3 min multiplication math drills worksheet, 3 videos on Khan Academy, Greatest Common Factor worksheet

Spelling/Handwriting ~ Wrote spelling words 2x printed, and 1x in cursive tracing them. Wrote 4 sentences with 4 spelling words.

Scouts 101 ~ Worked on Collections Merit Badge Packet, mostly, but did do a little work in Chemistry and Family Life Merit Badge Packets as well.

History ~ Watched The Devil's Arithmetic.

Zach...

Math ~ 3 min addition math drills worksheet, x2 worksheet, expanded form worksheet

Spelling/Handwriting ~ Wrote spelling words 2x printed. Wrote 4 sentences with 5 spelling words. Spelling City, online.

History ~ Watched The Devil's Arithmetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment