Thursday, July 3, 2014

"The Impossible"

Last Friday night, I found myself with the opportunity to be able to watch a movie by myself.  Now...some may think this as a chance of good luck...not having to agree with others on what to watch.  But Danny & I like to watch movies that fall under our favorite genres together....so that knocks out anything that would be considered: horror, sci fi, comedy, and comic-book-goes-to-the-big-screen.   That's a big chunk of the movies out there!!  Then I'm kinda picky when it comes to "chic flix".  And, on this particular night, I wasn't finding any romantic-like movies that really caught my attention.

Then I stumbled upon this one...."The Impossible".   I hesitated because I wasn't sure if Danny would like this kind of movie or not...well, I just went for it, and decided to go ahead and watch it myself.  It was a REALLY good movie!!  Here is a very brief description:


IN 2004, A DEVASTATING TSUNAMI HIT
SOUTHEAST ASIA.THIS IS THE AMAZING
TRUE STORY OF ONE FAMILY'S JOURNEY
OF HOPE AND SURVIVAL.





The family was vacationing when the tsunami hit.  The family is separated during the storm.  It is so hard to imagine going thru something like this. It was intense to watch.    

There are trailers for the movie on the movies official website here: 
www.theimpossible-movie.com/

And here is one I found on youtube....






Here is the link to the Parents Guide on the IMDB website....for any who would like to read thru it before watching it themselves or with their families:  www.imdb.com/title/tt1649419/parentalguide?ref_=tt_ql_7



Found a video from The View that has the REAL Maria Belon {the mom} being interviewed....if you'd like to check it out.   There are other videos, I'm sure, you could find on YouTube, as well.




I would definitely recommend this movie!  Although quite emotional...because, of course, you begin to imagine yourself, and your family in this same situation....definitely have some tissues nearby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment